Believe it or not, senior photo time is right around the corner! Going into senior year can be so exciting (and maybe a little overwhelming). Your senior photo experience should be stress-free and FUN! I wanted to put together a few tips for those who are getting ready for their sessions this summer - specifically what to wear!I truly believe that your senior pictures are meant to be a reflection of you! That being said, it is always a good idea to put your best foot forward when it comes to your pictures. Outfit choices can make or break your photos!
1. BE COMFORTABLE Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good! There is no need to wear an uncomfortable dress or shoes for an hour long session. Senior photos are meant to represent you, and being uncomfortable is never a good representation!
2. BE YOURSELF If you wear Carhartts and boots every day, dress it up a bit but stay true to yourself and your personality! Put thought into your outfit choices. When you look back at your yearbook in a few decades, you want to remember your 18 year old self the way you really were, not how you chose to dress on one particular day.
3. SIMPLE COLORS Avoid pinstripes or gingham patterns. These don't photograph as well as solid colors and bold stripes. Also try to stay away from BRIGHT neon colors. Neutral tones are the best choice for your session. Textures and patterns can also be fun to work with!
4. OPTIONS Bring up to three outfits to choose from for your shoot. Although it isn't required by any means, it is always nice to have options and variety in your photos! Plan your outfits ahead of time and group them together in your bag to make changing quick and painless.
5. GET INSPIRED! Search the internet for inspiration! Pinterest is one of my favorite ways to find ideas for outfit and style ideas. One of my favorite Pinterest tips is incorporating your school colors into your senior photo outfits. If the colors are blue and yellow, try pairing a yellow shirt with a blue sweater, etc.
To schedule your senior session, please contact me! Every senior who books a shoot gets a FREE MGP senior photo guide with even more information!